Charlotte Healthcare Agency Starts COVID-19 Shots For Babies
Beginning, Wednesday (June 22), kids in Charlotte as young as 6 months can get vaccinated for COVID-19. That’s thanks to StarMed Healthcare. The agency announced it will administer the newly approved COVID-19 vaccines to children 6 months to 5 years old.
StarMed is offering COVID vaccines made by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna. They are the same vaccines adults receive, however, the children will receive the vaccine in smaller doses.
- Pfizer recommends three doses at one-tenth the strength of an adult shot. The second shot would be three weeks after the first, followed by a third shot at least two months later.
- Moderna recommends two doses at one-fourth the strength of an adult shot. The second shot would be about four weeks after the first.
Parents can register to get children vaccinated at a StarMed Healthcare location by CLICKING HERE. There is no cost to get vaccinated with or without insurance. You can get the COVID-19 vaccine regardless of your immigration status.
StarMed locations offering COVID-19 the vaccines:
- FreeMore Clinic, 4001 Tuckaseegee Road, Charlotte
- Eastland Clinic, 5344 Central Avenue, Charlotte
- Four Seasons, 410 Four Seasons Town Centre, Greensboro
- 4355 Gum Branch Road, Jacksonville