This Is How You Can Get Help With Your Mortgage In Mecklenburg County
If you’ve been negatively impacted by COVID-19 and need help with your mortgage, Mecklenburg county’s assistance program can help. Applications for the Mortgage Payment Assistance Program are now open.
The program provides financial help to low to moderate-income residents with some requirements. If you’re eligible, you can get up to six months of consecutive payments to use toward their mortgage payments. That includes principal, interest, taxes, and insurance.
To be eligible, homeowners must:
- Reside in the towns and/or unincorporated areas of the County
- Have a household income of up to 80% Area Median Income (AMI) at time of application
- Been current on mortgage prior to the COVID-19 hardship
- Experienced a COVID-19 related loss of income or other qualifying criteria
Homeowners must also prove income loss or increased costs related to childcare due to COVID-19 including:
- Reduction of work hours
- Job loss or furlough
- COVID-19 illness of self or immediate family member
Applications will be accepted until funds are depleted. To apply for the Mortgage Payment Assistance Program or to review eligibility requirements, visit RampCharMeck.com or call the Mortgage Payment Assistance hotline at 704-343-4692.