When we first came to Charlotte in 2006, The EpiCentre was the place to be after work. For years, on Thursday nights, “Alive After 5” was a thing and the place to be seen. Great weather and live music proved to be an unbeatable and socially intoxicating combination. Well, with the decline of the EpiCentre and safety concerns in the uptown/downtown area, this annual rite of spring, ended. However, like all great ideas, all that was needed was a little re-branding. (Drum roll, please) Get ready for “SouthPark After 5.”
Starting tonight (April 20) and running for 6 Thursdays through May 25, SouthPark’s beautiful Symphony Park will host tremendous live music and fun for the entire family (definitely a branding switch). There will be food trucks, drinks, and hands-on art experiences.
According to SouthPark’s website, here’s all you need to know:
- SouthPark After Five is happening from 5-9pm every Thursday, April 20-May 25.
- The event is located at Symphony Park, at 4400 Sharon Rd., on the corner of Barclay Downs Drive and Carnegie Boulevard, adjacent to SouthPark Mall.
- The event is free to attend and family and dog friendly.
- Come prepared with your favorite picnic blanket or chairs to set up in the park.
- There’s a spot for you in SouthPark, literally. Find parking outside of the event at SouthPark Mall.
- Follow us at @southparkclt to see the weekly food truck lineup, or discover one of the 300+ dining and shopping options in the neighborhood.
Now, for what you really want to know…the music. And it is a bangin’ lineup.