People get desperate when it comes to parking spaces! Be honest, have you ever wanted to park in designated Veterans parking spaces at the grocery store? When I’m in a hurry the thought crosses my mind but I’ll talk myself out of it. Presently there’s no penalty for parking in that type of slot, and the same goes for parking spaces for expectant mothers and parents with children parking spaces. But you will see yourself with a parking ticket in other situations, like parking in a handicap parking space will run you $100 or more in Mecklenburg County.
What will you be fined for when parking or attempting to park your car?
- Parking sign violation – $25
- Obstructing traffic – $25
- Parking left side of the curb – $25
- Parking improperly – $25
- Meter violation – $25
- Blocking driveway/alley – $25
- Parking on the sidewalk – $25
- Loading zone – $25
- No neighborhood parking permit – $25
- Littering from vehicle- $25
- Rush hour violation (7 a.m.- 9 a.m./4 p.m.-6 p.m.) – $50
- Key in unattended vehicle – $50
- Parking in handicapped space – $100
- Blocking handicapped curb cut – $100
- Parking in a fire lane – $100
- Parking within 15 feet of a fire hydrant – $100
As they say, leave early! The early bird catches the worm or some rockstar parking!