Charlotte Is 11 Hours Away From World’s Best Nude Beach
Who knew that Charlotte was within driving distance to not just one, but two nude beaches?
This has been a big year for nudity. Berlin changed the rules so women can now go topless in the German capital’s public swimming pools and Nantucket Island voted to go topless last December to support “gender equality on beaches.” Nude beaches are nothing new, but they continue to become more popular and there are more clothing-optional beaches than ever where you can swim, soak up some sun, and build sandcastles in your birthday suit.
You can find nude beaches on every continent and these are some of the best around the world:
- Playa Naturista Chihuahua, Uruguay – Once an unofficial naked getaway, this nude beach on the Atlantic coast became legal in 2000.
- Nida Nude Beach, Lithuania – If you’re up for a naked dip in the chilly Baltic Sea, or a stroll through the wildflower-covered dunes, this European spot is for you.
- Little Palm Beach, Waiheke, New Zealand – While it’s technically legal to go naked on any beach in this country, naturists like this clothing-optional spot on Waiheke Island, a 40 to 60-minute ferry ride from Auckland.
- Moshup Beach, Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts – Located on the island’s western extreme, it’s open and free for anyone to take their clothes off here, unlike Lucy Vincent, the island’s private nude beach.
- Black’s Beach, La Jolla, California – This was once the only legal nude beach in the U.S.
- Lady Bay Beach, Sydney, Australia – It’s small, narrow, and very secluded for a big city location.
- Wreck Beach, Vancouver, Canada – At 4.9 miles long, it’s one of the world’s longest nude beaches.
- Little Beach, Maui, Hawaii – Part of Makena State Park, this clothing-optional beach overlooks a national marine sanctuary known for sea turtles, dolphins, and whales.
- Haulover Beach Park, Miami, Florida – It’s the most popular public nude beach in the country, attracting over 1.3 million naked folks to its white sands and warm South Florida water every year.