Your Guide To Charlotte Greek Festival 2023
It’s become one of Charlotte’s largest cultural events and attracts thousands who want to get a taste of Greek culture. The Yiasou Greek Festival is September 8 – 10, 2023 in the Dilworth community.
The festival has been around since 1978 and features everything from authentic Greek cuisine and art to live entertainment and shopping. While it is an event that highlights Greek culture, it also attracts a diverse following. People from all over the city and nearby towns descend upon the rather upscale community for a family-friendly and fun event.
If you aren’t familiar with Greek culture, the word “Yiasou” means ‘Hello, Goodbye, and Cheers’. This year’s festival promises to feature even more enhanced experiences including dancing, tours of the cathedral, and a kids’ playland. See below to get a guide to this year’s Yiasou Greek Festival.
What You Need To Know
This year’s festival will again be an in-person event held at Holy Trinity Greek Cathedral, 600 East Blvd, Charlotte, NC.
Admission is $5, with free admission for children under age 12.
- Friday, September 8: 11 a.m. to 10 pm.
- Saturday, September 9: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday, September 10: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Getting To The Festival
- The address is 600 East Boulevard, Charlotte, NC.
- CATS/Bus/Lynx Light Rail – The Festival is less than a mile from the East/West Boulevard Lynx station.
- You can park at INLIVIAN Housing Redifined, 400 East Boulevard after 5 p.m. on Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday. It’s about two blocks away.
- Side street parking is available on nearby Dilworth neighboring streets, adhere to posted parking guidelines. Please do not block any driveways.
Food at the festival
One of the highlights of the festival is the authentic Greek food! Here are just a few of the items available for purchase:
- Pastichio plate
- Grecian baked chicken plate
- Roast lamb plate
- Greek salad
- Gyro pita
- Chicken pita
- Hummus with baked pita chips
- Greek fries
- Hot dog (at kids’ playland area)
- Chocolate flogera
You are able to get full meals inside one of the halls at Holy Trinity Greek Cathedral or get a la carte items under the food tents outside. There is even an option to place a take out order or pick Additionally, you can place a take out order or pick up at our drive thru.
Full Sit Down Meal – Inside the hall, you can get items including baked chicken, lamb and Pastichio combination plates. There’s also an option to have a large Greek salad plate. Drinks are included with the full plated meals.
A La Carte – Outside in the tents, you can get Gyro or Chicken Pita sandwiches, French Fries, Pizza, Spanakopita, Tiropita, and more. Soft drinks, water, beer and wine are also available outside.
Drive-Thru – If you don’t have time sit in to dine, drive up is an option. You can drive up to get your favorite Greek specialties on the corner of East Worthington and Winthrop avenues. Follow directional signs during the Festival. For faster service, see the drive-thru menu and print, complete and present drive-thru menu form to the drive-thru attendant.
There is a number of entertainment for the entire family. Take a look at a few activities!
- Folk dancing
- Live music
- Live reenactments
- Wine tastings
- Coffee & Frappes
- Greek Grocery
- 5K Fun Run