South Carolina Bar Named One Of The Best In America
Food & Wine magazine has just announced their first-ever reader’s choice awards, called Global Tastemakers. Their readers voted based on their travels within the last three years in various categories, including restaurants, hotels, airlines, airports, cruises, and bars.
In the bar category, there are some surprises. While New York City is home to half of the top 10 bars, it didn’t nab the number one spot. That honor goes to The Fox in Nashville, Tennessee. The Fox gets great reviews for the staff, which reportedly makes you feel right at home. Their back bar holds more than 400 bottles and the cocktails on the menu are “complex,” but also “playful and inviting.”
Maybe it’s not so surprising. Nashville is definitely having a moment as America’s “it” city right now. The Global Tastemakers list of the 10 Best Bars in the U.S. also includes a couple in New Orleans, one in Chicago, as well as one in Charleston, South Carolina. Expert mixologists, a 1920s vibe, and monthly live jazz make the Speakeasy Bar at The Spectator Hotel one that I’m putting on my list.
2023 Global Tastemakers Top 10 Bars in the U.S. (Food & Wine)
- The Fox – Nashville, Tennessee
- Chez Zou – New York, New York
- Chandelier Bar – New Orleans, Louisiana
- Pebble Bar – New York, New York
- Overstory – New York, New York
- Bar Marilou – New Orleans, Louisiana
- Speakeasy Bar at The Spectator Hotel – Charleston, South Carolina
- Bemelmans Bar – New York, New York
- Dead Rabbit -New York, New York
- The Violet Hour – Chicago, Illinois
- Editor’s Pick: Katana Kitten – New York, New York