As parents we sometimes run out of things to entertain our children. Crafting can be a great for learning basic skills. Just about all crafting promotes hand-eye coordination, kids can learn how to properly use tools, how to count and how to measure if using measuring tape, rulers, or yard sticks.
Some also think that crafting can help teachers and parents learn about what kids might be thinking and/or feeling and can also foster mental growth in them. Crafting keeps them busy, takes them away from video games, gives them new ways of thinking and helps develop problem solving skills.
Check out some of these ideas and try them with you kids. They can be done right at home and are low cost.
1. Printable Coloring Cards – If you’re really crafty, you can make your own or click here for free printable card templates designed by the Crafty Lumberjacks. This is a great idea for those of you who like to send holiday greeting cards.
2. Paper Towel Roll Castle – Use recycled paper towel rolls, here’s how.
3. Felt Veggie Garden – DIY Felt Veggie Garden
4. Pencil Pinwheel – With a little adult supervision, this craft is sure to be a hit with the kids. Here’s how.
5. Confetti Dot Vases – All you will need is a vase, a toothpick and about an hour. Here’s how. 6. Tin Can Lanterns – These lanterns are beautiful when lit up at night. Here are the steps. For other awesome ideas, visit hgtv.com/design.