If you’ve ever wanted a job working for the government, the Department of Homeland Security could be your chance. They are looking for Transportation Security Officers in Charlotte.
A Transportation Security Administration (TSA) recruiting event is Saturday, July 17, 9 am – 3 pm at the Hilton Charlotte Airport, 2800 Coliseum Centre Drive, Charlotte. It’s part of a national initiative of Homeland Security to hire 6,000 TSA workers as the country opens up again to travel. Jobs may vary, but the TSO position starts at $16.72/hour.
TSA is hiring for both full-time and part-time Transportation Security Officers at Charlotte/Douglas International Airport (CLT). Training will be provided with pay. No previous security experience is required. Candidates must be at least 18 years old.
What to Expect
- Attend an information session hosted by a TSA representative
- Learn about the TSO position and employment with TSA
- Complete TSO job application (if you have not done so beforehand)
- Facemasks are required, and COVID-19 health and safety protocols will be followed
How to Prepare
- Bring your mobile phone and two forms of federal or state-issued identification
- Ensure you have access to an email address and passwords
- DO NOT bring firearms or weapons of any kind