It’s the 51st anniversary of the first Earth Day this year and TreesCharlotte is giving back to the community and nature in a brilliant way.
In order to celebrate this year, TreesCharlotte is giving back to the Earth and helping local businesses by holding a sapling giveaway. Starting Thursday, the following breweries and restaurants will be distributing free saplings while supplies last. (listed below) Fun fact, a sapling is a young tree, especially one with a slender trunk.
Here are the participating businesses:
- Armored Cow Brewing – 8821 JW Clay Blvd.
- Birdsong – 1016 North Davidson Street
- Blue Blaze Brewing – 528 South Turner Ave.
- Catawba Brewing – 933 Louise Ave.
- Edge City Brewery – 6209 Old Post Rd., Suite 109
- Olde Mecklenburg Brewery – 4150 Yancey Rd.
- NoDa Brewing Company – 2921 N. Tryon Street
- Petty Thieves Brewing, 413 Dalton Ave., Suite B
- Supperland – 1212 The Plaza
Just like last year, I am a big fan of this idea. I will certainly be stopping by to show my support for nature. You can find out more about the project here. Need some help with an Earth Day Instagram caption? Click here.
TreesCharlotte will also host a lunch Zoom session with its tree educator Kate Bolkin and City of Charlotte arborist Mary Propst. All are encouraged to send questions and any accompanying photos in advance to email@example.com. The Zoom will start at noon here.