Mecklenburg County Public Health has some pretty straightforward tips to keep you and your family safe this Thanksgiving holiday:
- Avoid travel and gatherings with individuals outside of your household.
- Prepare a meal with people in your household.
- Host a virtual Thanksgiving dinner and share recipes.
- Put up your favorite decorations and share photos online.
- Watch parades, sporting events and movies on TV at home.
- Shop for food and other items online.
- If you do gather, do so outside and strictly adhere to the 3 Ws – wear a mask, wait 6ft from anyone, wash your hands often.
- Avoid gatherings that do not adhere to the 3 W’s. Information regarding getting tested before the holiday is available in English and Spanish.
- If traveling and gathering, get tested first, and always follow the 3 Ws, even if you receive a negative test result.
For additional safety tips, visit the County’s website here. If you have questions, need advice or want to report a high-risk situation, you can call Public Health’s COVID-19 hotline at 980-314-9400, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
FREE COVID-19 TESTS SITES
- NW Health Department (2845 Beatties Ford Rd., Charlotte), Monday through Friday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. until further notice.
- StarMed Healthcare, Walgreens Pharmacy, CVS Health, community health centers, and many other primary care providers throughout the County.
To locate specific testing sites, visit the testing site locator on mecknc.gov/covid-19 or call the County’s COVID-19 Hotline at 980-314-9400.
For more information on COVID-19 visit MeckNC.gov.