The Fourth of July holiday is here, so be prepared to know which offices and services will be available in Mecklenburg County. The holiday will be observed on Friday, July 3.
CLOSED – July 3 – ALL units of:
- Department of Social Services
- Health Department
- Tax Office
- Elections Office
- Register of Deeds Office
- Land Use and Environmental Services Agency
- Main Library and all library branches
- All County Solid Waste facilities and full service centers (also closed Saturday, July 4)
- All Recreation Centers, Senior Centers, Nature Centers, indoor Rental Facilities and Aquatic Facilities remain closed due to COVID-19.
The Department of Social Services hotlines will continue to operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week to receive reports of suspected abuse or neglect. To report abuse of seniors or the disabled, call 704-336-CARE (2273). To report abuse, neglect or human trafficking of children, call 980-31-HELPS (43577).
OPEN – July 3
- City of Charlotte Solid Waste
- Parks, Nature Preserves and Greenways
- The Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center
- Mecklenburg County Summer Programs at Mallard Creek, Bette Rae Thomas, Albemarle Road, Methodist Home and Southview Recreation Centers will operate.
CharMeck 311 will close Friday, July 3, 2020 in observance of the Independence Day holiday. Services will return to COVID-19 operating hours on Monday, July 6, 2020. Outside regular business hours, CharMeck 311 callers can report water, sewer, storm water and animal issues via an automated service that dispatches assistance. Residents can also submit service requests online 24 hours a day or access dozens of city services by downloading the CLT+ mobile app. Please call 911 for any emergencies.