Even though it’s a bit chilly outside, having some fun this weekend is not out of the question.
Free is for me and I know a ton of you Queen City are feeling the same vibes. So from Friday to Sunday, I’ve got you covered with ten free things to do in Charlotte this weekend.
- 2/21-2/23 Friday-Sunday: Take a walk with friends or your boo down that I Heart Rail Trail: Lights. This is a temporary installment and up until February 29th, 2020.
- 2/21-2/23 Friday-Sunday: This is why I love Charlotte. Free tours and grab a beer. You can score a free brewery tour of NoDa Brewing. Fridays at 6 p.m., Saturdays at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m., and Sundays at 3 p.m.
- 2/22 Saturday: Early bird gets the worm…and the hockey stick. You can try out hockey for free at Pineville Ice House from 8:30 am to 9:15 am.
- 2/22 Saturday: Give back to the community with the Second Annual World Rare Disease Day Rally of Charlotte. This event is held from 9:30-11:30 a.m and involves a run, food, speakers and live music. 3115 Providence Road. Free admission.
- 2/22 Saturday: Want to bike and enjoy some beads? Well, in Plaza Midwood this weekend celebrate the official grand opening of The Plaza Bike Lanes with a Mardi Gras Bike Parade on Saturday, February 22nd, 2020, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. See more information here.
- 2/22 Saturday: Make today a beer day! Heist Brewery and Barrel Arts are celebrating their one year anniversary and having food trucks, new beers and more from 9 a.m.-11 p.m held at the 1030 Woodward Ave location.
- 2/22 Saturday: IKEA has some pretty cool free events this month. From 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm you can try out their selfie bed and free food samples.
- 2/23 Sunday: First off, happy Fat Sunday! Celebrate at Brewers at 4001 Yancey from 1:00 to 4:00 pm. You can see more here.
- 2/23 Sunday: Celebrate Black History Month with Black History Celebration: Descendants of Kings and Queens from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the Ben Salem Presbyterian Church.
- 2/23 Sunday: Want to end the weekend singing? Enjoy some free karaoke at Snug Harbor on Sundays starting at 6:00 pm.