If you have ever lived from paycheck to paycheck you understand what affordable housing is all about on a deep level. If you have been lucky enough to overcome and escape the paycheck to paycheck syndrome, congratulations!
Studies show us if you’re born into poverty you’ll continue the path. Charlotte North Carolina has become the center of conversation regarding economic mobility, but with the help of non-profits and programs like Year Up, young adults have options and opportunities to see, feel and gain decent and meaningful careers.
According to Year Up millions of young adults have talent and motivation, but lack opportunity. Here are some of the requirements to join Year Up.
- 18-24 years old
- High school graduate or GED recipient
- Of low to moderate income
- A U.S. Citizen, permanent resident, or have an employment authorization card
- Available 5 days a week (Monday-Friday) for the full year of the program
- Highly motivated to learn new technical and professional skills
- Have not obtained a bachelor’s degree