In case you didn’t know, I’m a true ‘movie buff.’ From mob drama to psychodrama and a new Quentin Tarantino film, I’m on it! And wanna share with you some summer flicks I plan to check out.
No matter the weather, it’s always a good time to watch a movie. Here are my top 5 must-see summer flicks:
1. The Kitchen (August 9): A Crime film starring Melissa McCarthy, Tiffany Haddish and Elisabeth Moss. Intern & I are actually going to check this one out together so we’ll let you know how we like it.
2. Luce (August 2): As if Get Out, Us, or Ma didn’t leave us shook enough. We have Luce; an Eritrean child soldier adopted in suburbia. He seems to fit right in, of course, until he doesn’t.
3. Brian Banks (August 9): Based on the true story of former Atlanta Falcons player, Brian Banks, who was wrongly convicted and sentenced to a decade in prison for a crime he didn’t commit.
4. Light Of My Life (August 9): A father must protect his daughter by disguising her as his son after a plague wipes out most of the female population.
5. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood (July 26): I love me some Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt, hunni! Struggling to make a name for themselves, this story takes place during the final years of Hollywood’s Golden Age in 1969 Los Angeles. I’m an ‘actress’ in my head!