It’s officially November, which means it’s getting colder and cabin fever may soon set in. But have no fear, because this winter we found some fun things for you to do outside your cozy nest so you don’t have to let the cold weather ruin your winter fun.
1. Take a Brewery Tour: There’s nothing like wearing your favorite sweater, enjoying a cold brew and enjoying the sights, sounds and hoppy smells of a winter brewery tour. With cozy fire pits and taprooms filled with games, you and whoever can share in the discovery of beer while also enjoying the winter season.
2. Take a Carriage Ride: If you love horses and Charlotte as much as we do, you will find this unique winter attraction pure bliss. Charlotte Center City Carriage Tours is a delightful pastime through the streets of uptown and can be found at the intersection of Trade and Tryon. Blankets are provided on this historical and magical experience and of course, you can pet the horses before and after your ride.
3. Attend a Panthers Game: Who doesn’t love a good football game. Yes, you may be a little chilly out there in the stands, but the Carolina Panthers are right here in the QC and a game is a perfect way to spend the day. Just be sure to tell Cam we said hi.
4. Go Ice Skating: Yes, Charlotte has an outdoor ice rink and you and your friends, significant other or even by yourself can experience the joy of ice skating. Bring your own or rent a pair while you embraced the uptown atmosphere.
5. Experience a Hornets Game: Enter the swarm and take yourself to see at least one Hornet’s game this year. Perfect for winter, grabbing yourself a seat in the hive allows you to see some talented ballers shoot some hoops, enjoy some classic stadium concessions and stay nice and warm in the stands. And even if basketball isn’t quite your thing, the experience as a whole of a Hornet’s game is an exciting and memorable one that’s perfect for all ages.
Alexis Zarycki is your average girl with the hopes of leaving an everlasting impact on the world.